Wednesday 9 October 2013

A Minion Picture Tells A Thousand Words


minions
I used to own a pile of photo albums to showcase my ever increasing amount of photographs. That was a long time ago. Fast forward to the present day and all the photos that I took, mostly from my smart phone, are all kept in my digital files. I will share them with friends and family members on my social media networks such as Facebook and Instagram . I no longer keep physical photographs. 

A photograph can elicit strong and emotional response from people as I experience frequently on my Facebook. Words do not have the tone that a picture or photograph can evoke. As the Chinese proverb says “one picture is worth ten thousand words”. How true. Sometimes one picture or photo on my Facebook can attract, maybe not a thousand, but a long list of “likes”. This is the power of visual effect.

Looking at the picture above, which most kids will know, are the minions from the movie “Despicable Me 2”. Look closely and you will discover that all the minions are unique. They are different in sizes, shapes and even expressions. If the picture comes alive with every minion either talking, laughing or singing, imagine what a symphony it can turn out to be. Perhaps a total mess, who knows?

A still picture, if well taken from the right angle and scale will capture the essence of life and events. It brings back fond memories and for kids who have seen the movie, they will always remember all the happy moments. 

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment